Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship Program
Fourteen $1,000 Scholarships Awarded at Annual Banquet
Guidelines and Eligibility
Applications accepted between April 1 and August 31, 2019.
1. Be a High School Graduate.
2. Be currently admitted to a school of advanced education, i.e. college or university.
3. Submit a completed application, essay, and letters of recommendation.
Please mail completed application to:
Harford Agricultural Society
c/o Scholarship Selection Committee
485 Fair Hill Road, New Milford, PA 18834
Recipient(s) may receive the Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship more than once.
1. Complete the application. Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
2. Obtain two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
a) School Principal
b) School Teacher/Instructor
c) School Guidance Counselor
d) County Extension Educator
e) 4-H Club Leader
f) Religious Minister/Church Youth Advisor
g) Harford Fair Director, Superintendent, or Department Head
3. Write an essay not to exceed two double-spaced typed pages on the following topic:
“Ways in which I have been involved in the Harford Fair and how winning
the Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship will impact my
education, my major, and my career goals.”
Note: Scholarship application is a fillable .pdf form. Save the form to your computer and open with Adobe Reader – fill in blanks and save to your computer.